Research your options, know what your choices are and you can choose what you want. Otherwise someone else may make the choice for you.
Looking for help for a far away family member? Try theelectroniccaregiver.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++At Home or In A Home (assisted living, independent or retirement home)? Reasons you might change where/how you live
- You have a condition that limits your independence: dementia, medical,or financial.
- You live alone or far from your family
- You are having health problems
- You wish you had more social events and people in your life
- You no longer want to take care of a house and yard
- You are afraid you’re running out of money
- You're worried your partner may not be able to care for you
- You’re worried you may not be able to care for your partner
- You want to choose your environment, not have your family choose
My book “It’s Your Move: Choices for Senior Living" is a WORKBOOK with lots lists of things you should consider when deciding whether to stay in your present home and hire help, live with a family member, or move to some kind of retirement campus or facility.